Monday, March 9, 2009

Heartless Bastards



This is one of my new favorite groups. The lead singer, Erika Wennerstrom, is amazing. She sounds exactly the same live as she does on the cd. Not many singers can say that, and with the voice she has it's twice as impressive. They're a garage band from Dayton, Ohio on Fat Possum Records.

Here's a live show performance of Runnin', off of their first album, Stairs and Elevators.



Here's the title track to their second album, All This Time. It's the only real video that I've been able to find. I'm not the biggest fan of the video but the song is so good.



I saw them live a month ago when they released their 3rd album, The Mountain. It's a good album, but I'm more partial to their first two. They're a little more punk on their first two albums which I like more. Here's the mp3 of the title track off the new album.

Heartless Bastards: The Mountain (mp3)

Stairs and Elevators

Rolling Stone Review


All This Time


The Mountain

Rolling Stone Review

No comments:

Post a Comment